Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Tomb Fleet Vyr Invades The Pitstop

In the recent minitournament held at Mang's Pitstop, I got to enjoy a little 40K action. Here's what I had on my 1,500-point army list:

• 1 Necron Lord with Warscythe and Resurrection Orb (150)
• 1 Necron Lord with Staff of Light, Resurrection Orb and Gaze of Flame (155)
• 12 Necron Warriors (216)
• 12 Necron Warriors (216)
• 10 Necron Immortals (280)
• 6 Scarab Swarms (72)
• 3 Necron Destroyers (150)
• 2 Necron Heavy Destroyers (130)
• 2 Necron Heavy Destroyers (130)

1,499 points out of 1,500 at 43 models (which phases me out on 10 models)

Round 1: Gamma Seek and Destroy

· Mang's Necrons vs. Kim's Necrons (Result: Victory - Kim's Necrons)
· Jacob Reynoso's Black Templars vs. Fred Escalona's Space Marines (Result: Victory - Jacob's Black Templars
· Arvin Tan's Iron Hands vs. Emp Fernando's Tyranids (Result: Victory - Arvin's Iron Hands)

Round 2: Gamma Recon

· Mark Lim's Grey Knights vs. Kim's Necrons (Result: Victory - Kim's Necrons)
· Mang's Necrons vs. Fred Escalona's Space Marines (Result: Victory - Mang's Necrons)
· Emp Fernando's Tyranids vs. Jacob Reynoso's Black Templars (Result: Draw)

Round 3: Gamma Take and Hold

· Kim's Necrons vs. Fred Escalona's Space Marines (Result: Victory - Kim's Necrons)
· Mang's Necrons vs. Jacob Reynoso's Black Templars (Result: Victory - Jacob's Black Templars)
· Arvin Tan's Iron Hands vs. Mark Lim's Grey Knights (Result: Victory - Arvin's Iron Hands)

+++

Three victories. Not bad. It goes to show that constant playing does help I guess. I got me a nice new fine detail brush for that, too. ^_^

Congratulations to everyone for a well-played minitourney! And thanks to Mang for providing for the event. See you guys again in two weeks.

1 comment:

Pinoy Wargamer said...

• This was actually the first time I played against Mang, and another Necron army. Mang was coping with the new rules. He was surprised knowing that you can unload doubletap shots on 12" and moreso when you can't assault after doing so. Well, after a few games to knock out the rust and he'll be laying the smackdown with the best of us.

• Mark was devious enough to pack a melta orbital strike in his 1,500-point list. And he calls me competitive ^_^ I got a lucky shot on the first turn ever, blowing up his Land Raider with a Heavy Destroyer. And for a shootfest army like Necrons, that Shrouding was a real pain. But it was moreso the dice gods frowning on Mark's saves (especially on his Terminators) that cost him. Well, there'll be other games and other chances for him to break me.

• Fred's army packed two Predator Annihilators, a lascannon-toting Dreadnought and a Devastator squad hefting missile launchers and heavy bolters. My gamble didn't pay off this time, exposing my Heavy Destroyers to take out his big tanks. They did absolutely nothing with their shots, which resulted in them leaving the table on the second turn. I managed to quicksand his Devsquad with my Scarabs and proceeded to pick off the rest. In the end, I held the center of the table with all my standing units. Nice!