Friday, August 19, 2005

Stik-O Is My Yosi, Pepsi Is My Beer

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
At RHGC HQ with the rest of the boyz (and of course the pretty muse). Photo by Romy.

Twenty-nine years and still no wanting to try a stick of Marlboro or have a bottle of San Miguel (itoh ang beeeeer!). Surprisingly, I have grown fatter even without those things. Sitting in front of a computer, munching away on Lay's or V-Cut and guzzling Coke Light or Pepsi just doesn't help. I feel I'll die young, but at least I can donate my tar-free and alcohol-free organs to someone who needs them. They should all be stark drunk by now.

+++

Golden Daemons Swimming In My Head

I've been mulling over numerous websites on excellent miniature painting in the hopes that their talent and/or skill rubs off on me through subtle osmosis. Ah, how I wish I could paint so, and for all my armies.

I have yet to finish my Daemonic Legion, Necrons and Vampire Counts. And I've still Space Wolves and Warmachine to look forward to.

Yeah this is my drug.

Nothing beats the sense of fulfillment of seeing a model you've toiled on for hours reach completion. You know how it is to convert and basecoat and progressively blend and freehand. Soon everything will be done, neatly painted (dare I say masterclassed).

Nothing also beats the feeling of overcoming a strong opponent. Week in and week out I seek the best and do battle with their armies. I know I still have a long way to go in terms of tactics and numbercrunching. Soon every move taken, every tactic issued, every calculation crossed and checked, will come as second nature as breathing.

Beyond the normal geeky office life I live, I fight. And I fight constantly. To better my craft and always seeking the next true challenge. Live for the fight? I would say so. Bring it, fool.

+++

On A Horse. With A Lance. He's Unbeatable. I'll Beat Him With A Stick Or A Knife When He's Asleep

Warhammer's an expensive enough vice. And I'll be adding on Warmachine to that as well. So basically, I do have no time for drinking and smoking while hanging out. I'd rather you have a Warhammer army and face me on the table.

Besides, miniature painting's a fuckin' way cheaper alternative to getting professional therapy.

No comments: