Thursday, August 25, 2005

Journal of a Warmachinist, 2nd Entry

I have gotten hold of the most venerated War Machine Prime rulebook today. It's pages are wider than the usual GW books. And the pages are heavier and more durable. For P1,100, that's saying a lot.

A lot of buzz on RHGCers jumping onto what now seems to be the War Machine bandwagon. Not that I'm complaining, it's actually a good thing. Now all I have to do is blissfully ignore the pressure of buying my first 500 points. And I still have to order War Machine Escalation and War Machine Apotheosis.

As one of The First, I decided on a solid theme for my Khador. These guys have similar blind faith (for lack of better terms) but not in some deity like Menoth. Khadorians (is this even right?) are utterly loyal to their country. They have a genuine love for the land their forefathers fought for. And offer the same devotion to their Queen. Service. Duty. Ironic. Looking around, that is what THIS pisspoor country lacks. But that's a different rant altogether.

And so my theme will be an elite force. One that answers directly to the Queen. Veterans and royalty in their own right. No qualm or hesitation with crushing those who stand before them.

The Queen's Royal Elite.

I'll be pouring on the extra juice on such few models. The starter box will have Kommander Sorscha and two warjacks -- a Destroyer and a Juggernaut. I'll be decking on five years worth of conversion, freehand and masterclassing on this wargroup. Something that I can never appreciate in Warhammer, sad to say. After that, it will depend if I get Escalation and/or Apotheosis.

If I don't get either, I'll consider a box of Widowmakers. That's four more models. But maybe I'll get a Manhunter (solo) first. Then six Iron Fang Pikemen. And six Winterguard. That'll be enough for a 500-point Prime-only list.

If I get Escalation, it'd be another Destroyer, the Manhunter, and two Winterguard Mortar teams.

If I get Apotheosis, well, I'll just hang on to this one (pray that the stuff contained won't be too tempting). I'll cross the bridge when I get there.

The scheme will still be predominantly red. Coat-of-arms for the warjacks, since they are elite. And war honors like medals, ribbons. I doubt these will have purity seals though. But I think my approach on it will benefit the warjacks more than the characters and units.

I can't wait to get my first starter box.

But for now, time to hit the book!

No comments: