Saturday, September 03, 2005

My Little Green-rimmed Mirror So Close Yet

Oskar Schindler was a noble man. A hero. So says the Steven Spielberg movie. Yeah I've just finished watching it. And I must say I was moved. It was years ago when I first saw it. I can't remember much of the movie. Having watched it, it finally made sense.

Goddamn fucking six million people murdered.

And yeah, you may be a basketcase, but I think I've fallen on my face again.

I've always humored at never being a good ruler or president. For fear of being a Hitler. Although now, assassination attempts can be easily arranged. Heck, I can even be bombed easily nowadays. But despite all those threats, is progress really worth it? At the price of being chained into abject slavery... er service, everyone gets to contribute at helping a nation prosper.

Is it lust? Is it love? Or is it the sweet balance of both? It feels like the sweet balance of both? So bite on the goddamn apple already!

Fear would be a great factor to that. And the best way to instill fear into the hearts of your subjects is to let them know that you can kill each and every one of them at your slightest whim. Or kill those near and dear to them. Such will guarantee unquestioned obedience.

I wonder what's up in those thoughts. Is there any sexual tension there? Or am I just imagining things?

Of course, make a complete turnaround and put yourself on the shoes of those being oppressed. I would rise up against the tyrant despite facing death. Better to stand up and fight than live life crawling, mewling and begging like godforsaken maggots.

In the end, there should always be balance. One must know when to show compassion. And when to be an asshole.

Make the first move. Just make the first move. And everything will be alright.

No comments: