Friday, September 30, 2005

Daemonic Scrivenings, 6661

My brother, Koi, bought me three blisters of Chaos Furies. I'll be working on these as soon as I get my other pair from Arvin. Played last Saturday at Galleria. Here's a rundown of what I can remember

+++

Vs. Emcee's Bretonnians

Emcee used an unusual build - he dropped Questing Knights and Grail Knights and opted for lotsa Knights of the Realm and a Trebuchet. It was Emcee's first game against my KDL, but we've locked horns before at 40K. I'm sure he's familiar with how I play. Having Ryan as my constant WFB opponent, I got used to playing against Bretonnians. The staple of Bretonnian characters these days seem to be Questing Knights with Great Weapons and Virtue of Heroism - hefting in at S6 and can Killing Blow Large Targets such as my Bloodthister (I should surprise them with my old Undead army one of these days). But it's a welcome challenge. Outmaneuvering and out-thinking the enemy is better than just dice-chucking and relying on cheeseball army lists. And Emcee is definitely one of the better generals. I'm sure he'll be ripping me apart as soon as he gets his grips more on WFB.

+++

Vs. Carlos' Vampire Counts

With the latest White Dwarf out, Carlos used the special character, Heinrich Kemmler. And what a spellcasting monster the new Kemmler is! And what's worse, there I was with just two dispel dice! The game was decided by bad positioning for both of us - he had bad positioning for Kemmler, I had bad positioning for my Bloodletters. It was a fun game nonetheless. I hope I'll be more physically prepared next time I play (Top tip: never go on a Warhammer marathon if you came from a late shift at work!).

+++

Vs. Lesther's Wood Elves

This was my first game against the new edition Wood Elves. And this was by far the most entertaining game I ever had for quite some time. Wardancers in WFB had a bad rep since Tiny baptized them with the Sexbomb theme. Seeing Les sing and dance while his Wardancers whipped and slashed their blades was absolutely hilarious! It was costly for him though, since he deployed at the 12" edge. I got into combat on the second turn with my fast units. I was wary of how he might use his tree singing spell to block my charges. I'd have to counteract that tactic with a salad bowl of my own.

No comments: