Friday, September 09, 2005

Journal of a Warmachinist, 6th Entry

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Khador Destroyer (Queen's Royal Elite)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Not only is it my first Warmachine model, it's also the first one I did with NMM.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Putty-work on the dreaded Khador gap. Still needs a bit of detailing. Top tip with Khador models: basecoat and paint the inside of the "hood"; I've ruined a fine-detail brush because I forced to reached the inside of one that I didn't paint earlier on.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The next project: Khador Juggernaut.

At long last, I can display the model here LOL! I've been swamped with too much responsibilities that I put painting way down on my list. The Destroyer may have been rushed a bit more than expected, but it came out OK I guess.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

galeng! ok yung mga, ano yun? warning labels? instructions? sa armor plating.

ok yung kinalabasan nung nmm. sinubukan kong i nmm yung bronze ng cryx ko sa isang man-at-arms pero di ko nakayanan. masyadong matagal yung process =p

Pinoy Wargamer said...

LOL thanks ^_^ Pwede silang warning labels or instructions ("heat over up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit..."). I'd rather look at them as warcaster transcriptions on the armor itself. And besides, mahilig ako mag-freehand hehe.

Medyo matagal lang talaga, at tyagaan. Pag minadali, hindi maganda result eh. It took you a week to paint the whole starter box. It took me two weeks on and off to paint this ONE model gah!

Obi Macapuno said...

galing! gusto ko yung pagkakagawa dun sa bronze-ish collar. actually, gandang ganda ako sa mga warjacks ng Khador. Bulky and ominous. Gusto ko lang talaga gameplay ng Cygnar pati Warcasters nila. are you going to varnish? matte or gloss?

Pinoy Wargamer said...

It's already varnished for balanced (careful but constant) tabletop gameplay. It has two coats of Gloss Varnish (three on the the shoulders, face, rear and side shoulder plates). The gold/bronze parts, I left it glossy. The rest I matted down with Testor's Dullcote. ^_^

Obi Macapuno said...

ah so yun pala gamit ng dull cote. =)

i always wondered why testors dull cote is precious. hehe.