Sunday, March 02, 2008

Necrons Progress Report 01

After cleaning up the house Saturday morning, I got to set up my painting table properly on one clean side of the living room with the TV in full view. I have dusted off both my sunlight desk lamps for usage again. The long 6x4 board also got to rest behind the big cabinet. All in all, it's pretty much organized.

I scrounged up some bases for 40K which I can use on the Destroyers on the Necron army.

I also tried using thinner on several of the green tubes on a painted (soon-to-be-repainted) Heavy Destroyer. It kinda works but there are still some residue on the ends of the rods (I don't know if it's the super glue that did that).

I decided on retaining on my old color scheme for Tomb Fleet Vyr - a lot of metal, gold/brass collar and spine, plus neon green on some of the extra tubes and detail. I will try to keep the green rods as is, and maybe thin off the black of some of the basecoated rods.

Flying bases still got me in a bind. I'd want my Destroyers hovering and not glued directly to the bases themselves. I'll look more into how I can solve this problem of mine.

Lastly, I will be painting my Destroyer Lord by the end of the week.

Check back for more updates on this project.

No comments: