Sunday, March 02, 2008

Fortress Friday - WFB

I got to play some Warhammer Fantasy last Friday at Fortress VMall, Greenhills. I used Vampire Counts, kinda like their last hurrah before their new army book comes out this March.

I got to play against Fred's cavalry-heavy Hordes of Chaos army. It was my first WFB game using a Vampire Counts army again in years. And sadly, I played horribly (much more like I played them like I played a Khorne Daemonic Legion). I suffered equally horrible losses as his big cavalry of Khorne Chosen cut a veritable swathe through a huge mob of zombies. Ranks after ranks literally fell every round.

Post game, EJ consulted me on how to better play the VC army I had. A lot of which I happily applied on my second game, which arrived a few hours later.

Ron has the exuberance of his youth. He was flawed on basic line of sight, moving ranked units, premeasuring and dice conventions, something which had to be remedied later on. As this was his first match against me, I was lax and allowed many of his flawed logic on the table, which mattered really little since his battle plan was rendered ineffective by the swarming hordes of zombies that I had. The game had to be cut short by the fifth round as Fred was needed elsewhere. So for me it was either a solid victory on the fifth round or a massacre on the sixth round. I'll just let the game sink in to the guy.

For sure if the new book comes out, it would mean me buying new stuff. Either that or I just stick to playing Khorne Daemonic Legion LOL

2 comments:

Badbeef said...

must play :)

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Damn straight, dude!