Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Hammer Of War

A lotta things being thrown about on or behind the scenes in the local gaming community? Nothing new to me. Conflict, evidently, is an integral part of the Warhammer hobby. Taking the conflict beyond the small soldiers? Nothing new to me, too.

Whatever anyone does, everyone won't be pleased.

Nurture the conflict, I say. Or turn a deaf ear and blind eye to it. Let the sensible people talk it out and compromise, and let the hotheads have at it in the streets.

3 comments:

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Ah grown men airing their sides on a public forum. It may seem like open war, but I guess it'll only end in either a greater schism, or a more solidified gaming group.

Seeing the guys post there just shows how much they value each other as varied parts of the community.

I hope things turn out for the betterment of the local gaming group. It'll be boring to have minitourneys with the same "cellmates" all the time ^_^

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Give yourself credit, Garr. From what you've told me, you've tried to resolve issues between you and Ryan.

Maybe time will help. Healing or severing ties. Ultimately, we all just have to man up to the consequences of our decisions.

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Where do I stand in all of this? I'll keep playing Warhammer Fantasy and 40K. I'll keep playing Warmachine. I'll keep playing RPGs.

Yung ayaw mag-agree o walang balak umintindi dun, wala na lang pakialaman. Hindi ko gawain makialam sa buhay ng ibang tao, kaya sana out of common courtesy lang, wag na lang pakialaman trip ko.