Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Art of War, Week 50

Drifting Between Light And Darkness, Fourth Drift

vomit (v.) To eject part or all of the contents of the stomach through the mouth, usually in a series of involuntary spasmic movements.

I went home yesterday at around 9am, watched some TV and did some hobbycraft. I planned to go back to work around 6pm. But as it happened, I drifted into sleep and woke up at 9pm! My head felt like mush and all I had to eat the entire day was a tall can of Ketchup-flavored Pringles and a half-bottle of Sprite. I decided to take what was left of the day off and continue to rest.

When I woke up this morning, my head hurt even more. I assumed it was due to the hunger caused by missing most of the meals the day before. I went out, had a meal at Jollibee at Welcome Rotonda. Remembering last year's adventure buying the office exchange gift, I decided to head on to Cubao and look for a gift. My head was in pain, and the FX ride was no help! Dumbass FX with dumbass AC! I should've taken a jeep!

To make the long story short, I found myself sitting in a grocery at Cubao. I imagine I was pale because I was dizzy and had cold sweat. I also felt my recent Jollibee meal trying to push its way up my throat. After several grueling minutes, I stood up and decided that if the meal wanted out, it's gotta go out. And as luck would have it, there was a pay lounge a few steps from the grocery.

At yung putangenang babae sa pay lounge counter, tangena nakita nya na ngang namumutla sa yung tao at pinipigilang lumabas ang suka sa bibig, e putangenang ambagal-bagal pang ibigay yung lintek na tiket para sa lounge CR! Tangena dapat sinukahan ko na lang yung putres na yun eh!

So I rushed in, shoved the goddamn ticket to the guy at the door, headed for the nearest empty cubicle and hurled. It was fucking horrible! I don't know what caused it but after all the bile and undigested food, my head was cleared of the dizziness but the headache was still there. It's been years since my last vomit (teen years, I think). I don't want this to happen again but I don't know why this had to happen today.

Journal of a Warmachinist, 13th 14th Entry

Bought Catachan Green and Enchanted Blue yesterday at NG Madison. Eiryss is about 90% done. Just a few more work on her crossbow and rapier. Also did some basework on the Behemoth and Kovnik.

3 comments:

Pinoy Wargamer said...

I don't think I'll be able to produce a costume. I'll just come to the party and bring the gift. And hopefully receive a nice one, too.

The strange thing about this kris kringle thingamajig is that you may spend well and make nice effort for the gift you're giving, but you have no guarantee you'll get the same treatment. You might end up with a crappyass gift. Or none at all!

Kyuzo said...

That happens to me a lot as well Dude. My line of thinking? If the receipient of my gift enjoyed it the most because of the simple thought of why I gave him/her that gift, then I've done very well, and the reward does not necessarily come in the gift I receive in return but in some other form where it will count the most.

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Well last year was a good year for me. On our wishlist, since we were on P500 exchange policy, I asked for P500 worth of blank CDRs. And I got it!

I asked for the same this year. I hope whoever pulled me takes the time to read the wishlist on our bulletin board.