Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Weekday Warrior

This week on KB

Weekday Warrior
Howling Griffons
Blog Updates

+++


Weekday Warrior
1/24/2007, Wednesday 1/23/2007, Tuesday

Yahoo Conference with the miniature wargaming boyz - Ricky Lozano, Obi Parcon, Garrick Lee, Gelo Almeda, Romy Estrella. Discussions varied from 40K campaigning and tourns to Airsoft stuff to WARMACHINE stuff to starting Howling Griffons. I also got invited to drop by Makati and join in on Weekday Warrior. Obi even "orked" me a map going there LOL!

Got off from work, took the MRT and walked all the way to Romy's construction site office (as per Obi's map but Romy met me outside). When I got there, Lito Tan and Justin (surname ?) were already playing a 2000-pt Gladiator match for 40K. Obi and Gelo were setting up a 1000-pt pickup match using Rules of Engagement. I got to play a game of WOWCCG using Romy's Hunter deck, which I horribly lost LOL (He used Ta'zo)! Lito and Romy played a WOWCCG game of their own, with Lito's Disdemona coming on top with multiple Corruptions.

Thanks for the invite and the welcome, guys. I'll try to get some games in next time around.

[Back to top]

+++


Howling Griffons
1/24/2007, Wednesday 1/23/2007, Tuesday



I have a lot of SM (Space Marines) stuff at home, loyalist AND Chaos. And they're all in dire need to be put together. I've always liked Space Marines and the fluff behind them. But in the current gaming scene, and from what some of the boyz say, it is best to use a vanilla army list rather than go to any of the funky ones (as vanilla lists tend to be more "untouched" with each passing edition of rules). Ultramarines have always been a local favorite, as exemplified by Ryan Tamayo's miniatures.

I was considering making a Nazi-themed loyalist SM army, but the notion died very quickly. Most local players prize at using by-the-book armies. While making DIY chapters was creative and all, nothing garners respect like taking on a "named" army.

I also considered Black Templars, but sadly, they're not vanilla SMs. The models are awesome though. Maybe I'll just get some and convert them in my planned SM army.

Chaos Space Marines have been greatly considered. But since I already play Necrons, Vampire Counts, Khorne Daemonic Legion and Khador, maybe it's time I get a "good guy" army. Besides, the more flavorful factions in Chaos may prove difficult to use in objective-based games.

SO it has to be a vanilla SM army. It has to be a named chapter. It has to be something that no one has done here locally. It has to have a lot of conversion potential.

Howling Griffons fit the bill exactly.

Time to get to work ^_^

[Back to top]

+++


Blog Updates
1/24/2007, Wednesday

It's somewhat slow today here at work so I decided to update some of my other blogs. With Obi's consent, I pushed through with 2007's first miniwargamer profile. Check it out here.

I also tried to clean up dead links on my sidebar.

+++

5 comments:

Kyuzo said...

you're always welcome to join in the fun dude. was exhausted after meeting up with everybody who came to the office for the first time. +P lemme know if you can join in the gladiator games too.

the Elendril deck, though parang diesel kung mag-build up, still rocks in my book. nothing like pulling off the potential 4 x ATK+8 shots in one turn. only drawback is that he has to survive long enough to set that up of course. +P lito's Dizdemona deck will get some beefing up with the potential inclusion of his spanking new pet Infernal. yikes.

howling griffons is a cool poster army worthy of your skill man. cant wait to see you get started on your in-progresses. which reminds me of my own backlog. ouch.

Unknown said...

*points at your dates*

everything happened po today? ^^;

Pinoy Wargamer said...

camilla: Yep, I posted all of that today. But I do get your point. I should change the dates for the first two entries. Thanks for pointing those out.

kyuzo: Evidently I don't have the groove for playing a non-Rogue deck LOL!

I'm already scouring the Internet for stuff on Howling Griffons. Would be a good side project along with the rest of the stuff I'm doing.

^_^

Obi Macapuno said...

Howling Griffs reminds me of a WFB Empire army with those quartered colors.

Pero pogi yang army na yan. I suggest you put gaudy banners and insignias to them ala WFB Empire talaga. Tingin ko yun talaga ang concept ng GW for them.

Pinoy Wargamer said...

obi macapuno: Duly noted. I plan to put a "knightly" feel to them, not far from Black Templars. So far, all I've been reading about them is the Badab War incident.