Tuesday, January 09, 2007

BBL Report

As the year rolled in, my performance in the WARMACHINE Brass Balls League has been mediocre. To the credit of my opponents, their game was ace. And as I have given my best at my games, I have little regret except that I should have played more.

Raymund Tesoro (Vayl, Disciple of Everblight)
- First time to play against him in all my 6 years of having known this dude!
- Got lucky with a Seraph failing its test, going berserk and rampaging towards me
- Failed to catch Vayl and her other Seraph bodyguard, which broke the Spriggan with some fancy shooting
- Brought down Carnivean with Battle Lust on IFP
- Result: LOSS for Kommandant Irusk

Jake de Jesus (Major Brisbane, Cygnar)
- Jake caught me off-guard by playing a static Brisbane who was flinging stationary shots left and right with Explosivo!
- Succeeded in surgically dismantling his warjacks with Battle Lusted troops
- Caught Brisbane in a headbutt power move followed by a finishing charge from Irusk
- Result: Victory for Kommandant Irusk

Paul Borja (Ashlynn d'Elysse, Highborn Covenant Mercenaries)
- Bogged down Paul's advance with Inhospitable Ground and Shield-walling IFP
- Managed to kill Ashlynn early, but still had to deal with Alexia and her mob of Risen
- Irusk got to charge into melee again, got to bring down Ashlynn and Alexia this game
- Result: Victory for Kommandant Irusk

Laurence Tan(Kommander Sorscha, Khador)
- Played my gamble by sniping off his Mortar teams with my Widowmakers which were out in the open.
- Made a grave mistake by dropping Undying Loyalty too early
- Managed to kill several key models but was not enough (I should have taken on his IFP first)
- Result: Loss for Kommandant Irusk

[PAINTING] I got to finish my Spriggan and IFP standard bearer. I'll be painting up the MOWDC Kapitan next in time for my next BBL game.

No comments: