Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Weekend Gaming



Steamroller 2. Bloody hard. Bloody fast games, too.

I playtested my planned Trollblood "army", playing it against Fred's Asphyxious in 500 points of Assassins. I wanted to see how those would do against a fast army like Cryx. Surprisingly, Hoarluk's feat proved to be a bane against Asphyxious' feat. I used it when Asphyxious was getting too close for comfort. Fred responded by casting only Shadow Wings and engaging my warlock in combat (taking on 4 damage in the process). With several hefty swings from his Gnarlroot, Hoarluk rendered the lich down.

Even if it was a fluke, I'd still put that 500-point Hordes list together. I'm planning to paint them in a fleshy palette and mar them up with Yakuza-style tattooing. On to Wednesday to meet Raymund and buy his Hoarluk model.

Vlad also proved effective, winning an Assassins against Emp's Long Gunners Caine and a King of the Hill against Pork's Hero-heavy Ashlynn. Vlad was up front, too! No more cowardly tactics for the Dark Prince of Umbrey. Well, not as much as before hweheh! More SR2 games!

+++

Later on, I finally resolved an issue with my D&D gaming group. Technically, they resolved it themselves. It does wonders how I don't need to create conflicts for them since they do it magnificently on their own LOL!

Everyone was "bitin" so to speak, as I ended the session prematurely for them. Despite constant ribbing, I didn't want to ruin the story by just dropping some big boss-level random encounter.

Next week, they'll all experience "the crawl..." BWAAHAHAHAH!!!



+++

Of Warlocks and Honey Mustard Dip
August 2, 2006

I went for a quick snack at the renovated McDonald's in Greenhills. I tried their combo meal - five Nuggets, some Fries and a Coke. Their Honey Mustard sauce was pretty good ^_^ Anyway, I met up with Raymund and bought his Hoarluk Doomshaper. I now have a Hordes warlock. Is this the start to another descent to damnation? Abangan LOL!

+++

I'm goddamn spending too much again. Still no stupid savings. Technically I still have money that I haven't withdrawn from the ATM as of yet. Maybe I should start doing so. I not only bought Hoarluk Doomshaper, but I got me a Reinholdt, too. Irusk better make bloody good use of this little mofo.

There's gotta be a meaning why you wanna introduce me to her? And the best dumbass reply I could come up with was: we have a weird relationship; i treat you like my girlfriend but you're not my girlfriend because basically you have a boyfriend and i have a girlfriend.

As for that other thing that went missing, nah...

m i g h t a s w e l l r a t h e r n o t

12 comments:

Kyuzo said...

SR2 eh? sounds like fun! and you playing trollbloods too!!! hope to tussle it up with you guys again soon. ;)

Pinoy Wargamer said...

I'm still proxying. Maybe I'll get my first warlock tomorrow.

Good luck with your Weekday Warriors, too. I might play some WFB with you guys if 7th edition comes out and won't cripple my KDL too much.

Kyuzo said...

3 out of the 5 known weekday warriors have some experience playing warmachine. maybe we'll devote one night for that as well.

you're welcome to join in. however, it usually lasts well into the night considering we start after office hours and try to get at least two full games in.

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Let me know if you're playing WM. Easier for me to commute with that.

As much as I'd like playing 40K, 500 points of it just won't cut it for me. And 2K WFB? Maybe if 7th edition is good.

And speaking of 40K, Obi you wanna play 40K at UPCFA someday (or any of you guys for that matter)? I don't want to get rusty with my Necrons.

Kyuzo said...

necrons are nasty. hard enough to go toe to toe on shooting let alone phase them out.

cge, will let you know in advance when we decide to play warmachine. ;)

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Necrons are nasty even off-game, kasi sobrang pahirap magdala ng Monolith. And more often than not, to be effective you have to have the Monolith. Epal na Monolith talaga yan.

If you plan to play WM, I have my 500-points Vlad around the office for free games.

Kyuzo said...

yeah. i remember that monolith denying an archon the pleasure of wiping out that necron lord of yours. epal nga to da max!

suddenly miss the siomai in UP. aaarrrggghhh!!!

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Necrons won't go CQB against an Archon. Ever. Even with Nightbringer. Sizzling green death na lang LOL!

If you have no games this Saturday, then bring your Menoth. We got a new ranking for Steamroller 2 on WMPH anyway so reset lahat ng entries.

Adelaide Gamer said...

Sounds like McDonalds are the same the world over - blah :(

Pinoy Wargamer said...

@pleader: McDonalds?

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Ahhh my last post... yeah, I actually like McDonalds now. McNuggets and that yummy dip HAHAHA! I should've frequented it more if I knew earlier.

You a health buff, pleader?

Adelaide Gamer said...

No, not as such, but I don't like it when thickshakes smell the same as hamburgers.