Friday, June 09, 2006

Heroes: The Real Hometown, Dungeon-delving and Kitty-cannoneering kinds





It was with apathy that I had when I worked on the Everest project. I mean, what does climbing atop a bloody mountain have to do with me? Nothing, right? But work dictated that updates on the climb were needed, and at a later point, vital. It was goddamn tedious having to work on a site without CMS! Everything had to be done manually!

But as the other mountaineers, Mr. Leo Oracion and Mr. Pastour Emata, reached the summit, it was then I really realized the significance of what I was toiling on ~ Romi's climb was being documented every step of the way. Supposed Philippine third world technology HAS gone that far, ladies and gents. I realized that as long as GMA is up and running, people who want to know about the Everest climb can click and visit the Everest site. A site that I had a hand on! *insert heady wave of greatness here* And as long as humanity doesn't kill itself off yet, this site is here to stay. It was a warm feeling, knowing that friends would go, "Ah yeah, Kim did that one."

And moreso when the footage of Romi was shown on the TV. They were standing so high up, the clouds were "below" them. Pinoys did that. Heck, I was proud of it. Proud of being part of it all. Damn fuckin' proud.

I can only imagine what kinda shit they went through. But they did. Dayum! Who'd have thought it? Pinoys surviving Everest and coming home to talk about it! I mean, there's no goddamn snow here!

Basta sa kanilang tatlo, astig sila! Mabuhay kayo, mga ser!

+++

I finally got hold of a Dungeoneer deck and it did not disappoint. Well, a few cosmetic things did, but overall, I still enjoyed it. Carlos bought two starters from Singapore (I think). He was selling one off (and guess who bought it).

Anyway, I won't bore you with how you play it. It's bloody geeky. It has dungeon exploration, map building, dice rolling, levelling up, monster bashing, princess rescuing, yeah, all that shit. But if you're interested, I bring it with me always so I can get to play agad.

I do need to prep up some nice miniatures for it though. Me, use counters for the heroes? NO GODDAMN FUCKIN' WAY! (*sheepish* Although we do play with counters now, temporarily, as I have not had time yet to get those together XD)

I played my first head-on game of Dungeoneer: Vault of the Fiends (VF) against Tiny earlier. He was a bit hesitant at first (OK he's a bloody skeptic, so it's expected), but in the end, we both enjoyed the game. Yeah yeah, two old geeks LOL!

It was weird though. He was a Level 1 Dwarf Runecaster, but he managed to acquire the two artifacts in the game; whereas I was already a Level 3 Elven Assassin. He was kicking my ass with relative ease near the end. We both had two quests done. So either one of us can finish that open global quest, or kill the other guy to win the game. He opted for bitch-slapping my character. I had one wound remaining and opted to go for the global. BUT it had such a high threat that I needed to roll a 6 on 1D6 or I'd die. So those were my odds. And I so hate gambling.

I rolled 6 :)

From the jaws of fuckin' defeat, beeyotch!

Anyway, on the left was the hero (heroine to be exact) I used. With bulging breasts no less (hoho fanservice). Maybe it'd have been better if they just let the breasts fully out, instead of designing her like that. It looks like she has no nipples at all LOL!

And there's that Dwarf Runecaster, too. Old stunty geezer. Not very pretty to look at compared to the nekkid chick, yeah? ^_^

+++



Kitty cannon. The damn name says it all. Enjoy.

There's my highest score. Garr got 2K (tangena adik ampotah).

1 comment:

Odie said...

Waaa! This Kitty game is addicting.... will not stop...must reach 1000....