Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Dice Tower



Thanks to Raymund Tesoro for the information on dice towers. I got surfing yesterday, hoping to buy that Chessex dice bowl/tray. I wanted to play without having dice scattered all over the battlefield. Plus, this thing prevents, ehem "engineered luck", too ^_^

What materials I used:
• Some thick plasticard (it's called high impact plastic locally; like in Joli's)
• Some thicker rubber foam (the ones I had left for making costumes for the old NMI Christmas parties)
• Loctite superglue
• Utility cutter
• Scriber (Got this from Quiapo during one of the Boyz' supply runs)
• Metal rulers (I have three at home, various lengths)
• Thick scotch tape
• Felt paper
• Yellow glue (Wood glue, dries faster and stronger)

There are a lot of plans for dice towers online, so just go surf for them. I was unlucky I did not have access to the office printer so I just winged it with this one.

BE VERY CAREFUL when cutting and scribing the plasticard. I had a lot of close calls last night.

Superglue will bond the plasticard pieces very well. Greco should be have a stronger bond, but harder prep time. I hope I had some Gel version of the Loctite glue I had. Ah well...

I padded the tray dice contact bottom with green felt paper because it was the only color I had at home. I would have preferred red of course (LOL). Then I sliced up some rubber foam and padded the bottom of the tray, as well as the inside walls of the tray.

The tower itself was just all superglue and tape. Hence the Orky look. But it works BWAHAHAH! I'll be taping on whatever stuff on it. Spraypainting would have been better, but I should have done that before gluing on the felt and rubber foam.

Well, it's in two parts, so it should be easy to carry around. No more scattered dice for me hehe ^_^

+++

My blog's officially two years old now! Yey! That's a feat for me LOL! As always, gifts are always welcome ^_^

No comments: