Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer Rampage Week 1

SUMMER RAMPAGE officially started last Saturday at Hobby Haven. I was up for some games but I was a bit apprehensive because I know I won't perform well in the campaign due to work responsibilities. It's July and it's SONA month. Plus there's some major disagreement in Basilan which had to do with some soldiers being chopped up, literally. So, I'll just prop up some fun lists here and there and give my opponents hell.

I played using Irusk last Saturday. Irusk with a Behemoth. And it was stupid. I know all of you may have different opinions about it, but for me, it was stupid. It was such a points sink. I would have preferred playing with many other models. It did a lot, and was bloody accurate with his twin mortars, but it will be the last time you'll be seeing me play him at 500 points. It's not fun playing with a list wherein you're too forced to do stuff, and that's what happened in my two games last Saturday despite my wins. A Kodiak or a Juggernaut would have been much better.

Since I can't go for Rampages or any such stuff, I'll go for boasts instead. Boasts and bounties. To hell with warjacks. I'm using infantry at 500 and 750. And I'll be bringing ALL my stuff, too. So that I can bring whatever list that I want. That would be more fun for me than using that bloody fatass Behemoth.

SR Game 1: Kim's Kommandant Gurvaldt Irusk victorious over Emp's Pirate Queen Skarre
- MOWDC total the Deathjack on the charge!
- Sniper crew from hell obliterates the whole 6-man Bile Thrall unit
- Inhospitable Ground screws up Emp's diskarte
- Emp concedes, after aggro-ing a Skarre bomb, but short on distance

SR Game 2: Kim's Kommandant Gurvaldt Irusk victorious over Pork's Ashlynn D'Ekysse
- MOWDC waste time by chasing around Eiryss
- Behemoth does very well with twin bombards!
- Kim wins via VP at end of time limit

WTF no boasts or bounties! What lameness! LOL! Until next time, I'll field better then!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

May araw din yang si tatang irusk! Konting antay nalamg mamamatay na sya sa katandaan bwahahahaha!!!
pwera kung mag ala karchev sya...

hirap nung inhospitable ground wala kasi kami pathfinder. Tsaka ganda nung pagkakabaril mo sa deathjack. Potek ubos agad cortex. Hehehe

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Better to be lucky than good, LOL! Pero shempre, even better to be good with tactics AND lucky, too!

When Irusk dies, best for Khadorans to burn him properly. Cryxian raiders might rob his grave and make him into a Thrall solo or something, LOL! Or worse, a simple Mechanithrall, LOL!