Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pass It Forward



- My laundry bill was 300 Php so I paid with a 500-peso bill. While they had it changed, the manang there (yeah I've been a client of that laundromat for years and I STILL don't know their names) shared a sob story of sorts. It seemed that her nephew got into an incident with some stranger's dog (scratched the child's face). The poor kid had to go to several sessions with the doctor which basically cost around 1,200 Php per session; which had to run for five sessions. And the dog's owner evidently had the nerve NOT to give for the child's treatment. When my change finally arrived, I just handed it over to the manang, just to help out with whatever. She was happy about it so it's all good. Good deed for the day, yeah?

- Found out that there's a Smokey's hotdog stand in the canteen now! Spent over 100 Php for two sandwiches today (had a late lunch) but for sure I'll be a regular there.

- Found a use for the broken CDs at home. They're now scenic bases. Hey, if people don't mind models on round bases, surely only asses would mind my scenic bases on perfectly round CDs. Painted them following the same base scheme as my Khador army -- greys to tipped white, with patches of green grass and white snow. Barby helped, too, made one. As of last night, I have four Rocky Outcropping terrain pieces, and a Ruined Corner terrain piece; all complete and ready for gaming. Will be finishing that Khador Outpost project soon, plus three more Ruined Corners. Am also looking into how to make Woods.

- Assembled and basecoated my Drakhun. Also reassembled my Behemoth. Hopefully I can include them in the upcoming Summer Rampage campaign. I'll be painting it up later when I get home, which should be done before the weekend.

- Tried my hand at making an SQL database for WARMACHINE Philippines. My co-worker and our resident programmer, Randy Valencia, has been a TREMENDOUS help in this undertaking. I've already studied up on the basic PHP stuff, but I feel I should learn database interaction through an expert. Which I did. Kim = happy developer ^_^

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooooooo terrain!!!!

hehehehe smokeys. pag check up ni misis niraraid ko yung smokeys sa canteen ng delos santos medical e hehehehe.

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Yeah, para pag maglalaro tayo sa bahay, maganda terrain, hehe.

Hehe kilala na ako nung manong sa Smokeys sa canteen. Ngumingiti na lang pag nakikita ako eh, hehe. Instant kita ba naman e, LOL.

Yo, Emp. You joining the Summer Rampage league?

Unknown said...

Kelan ba may laro sa inyo? Binyagan natin bahay, este, terrain mo!

league? Ewan. Kinalas ko Dj at Slayer ko e.
WALA AKONG HEAVY JACK! BWAHAHAHA!!!

Unknown said...

Wont be playing this saturday. Will be painting deathjack :p