Monday, July 02, 2007

Diablo 2

I've been playing Diablo 2 for quite some time now. Going back to old school games like this has been pleasant. I went for a Necromancer who excels in summoning. Instead of wading into combat like other characters, I stood back and let my minions do the work. To compliment the whole thing, I set up my character with Topaz-slotted items, so that I get nifty item drops. Like I said, it has been pleasant.

Until I had to fight Diablo.

Bastard breaks all my minions easy with that blasted ring of fire EVERY TIME! I port back down to previous acts just to build up my Skeleton Warriors only to have them obliterated faster than I can bat an eyelash when Diablo engages them. Indeed, an exercise in futility.

My tactic then would have to level up before going against him; adding more points on Resist or Golem Mastery (just so the Golems can get to hit him before evaporating). But at level 34, that's goddamn hard.

Good thing Kei talked me into the Zeal-build Paladin (Zealadin to some), where a fast-attacking Paladin would plow through wave after wave of beasties. I just started the Paladin earlier. Now I'm at 13th-level with Zeal. And yeah, I can't wait to get back to Diablo.

No comments: