Sunday, June 01, 2008

CTA2 First Blood

Apparently, the games we played at Pitshop yesterday were the first ones to start off the Call To Arms 2 league. Despite the late start and the few number of games, I think I have made a good start with my Khador army.

I got to fight Lesther and his Protectorate of Menoth. I was making lists before Les and Kei arrived at home yesterday, so I was more prepared in a way. I used Dark Champion Vladimir Tzepesci, more affectionately known as epic Vlad. I don't have my army list now so I'll just post it later on.

We played 750 points in an SR4 Contested Ground scenario. Les used an Exemplar-heavy Grand Exemplar Kreoss list. As far as I can remember, he had two units of Knights Exemplar, a unit of Exemplar Errants, a fat squad of Temple Flameguard, a unit of Idrian Skirmishers, the Piper of Menoth, a Devout and a Guardian (the rest I can't remember right now).

I got in a second-turn Caster Kill victory via eVlad's Blood Legacy feat. I took care of his bodyguard Devout first. He made a Defensive Strike against a Blood Legacy Doom Reaver, but one of the other two made short work of it. Blood Legacy Drakhun got Flying Pegasus via Behemoth and easily broke eKreoss.

An underslept Kei fought Les' same army next, with Kei using his Grim Angus list. Kei was pretty much out of it and Les was playing 40K style with his Protectorate army.

After those two games, Les had to leave early so me and Kei met with Mando at home, where he tried out a 750 beast-heavy Legion of Everblight Saeryn list against my eIrusk list.

We played SR3 Killing Fields. Since he is obviously faster, he go to two of the points on his first turn. My Winterguard Mortar was useful with eIrusk's Fire For Effect, taking a big chunk of his Striders who took the left point. Despite three consecutive snake-eyes rolls, Battle Lusted Iron Fang Pikemen on the charge can still easily bring down a Carnivean. Extra bonus is Shield Wall-ing right after and taking the point after the slaying the warbeast.

There was a chance that eIrusk could have charged Saeryn with only one Fury left - but I decided against it. All I needed to do was ensure eIrusk's survival and I would win via objective. Balancing a risky charge move (hitting Saeryn on 9 and hoping to do big damage) or securing a guaranteed win via objective? Winning's winning.

No comments: