Saturday, June 07, 2008

Cheap Display Cases

This is a take from the hobby project show on WeeToySoldiers:


I did not bother much with transparency, as I just wanted a space-saving display case that also helps with keeping the miniatures dust-free. Also instead of using PVC pipe for spacing, I just cut 2" strips of plasticard and superglued them to hold the upper CD levels.


I tried placing epic Vlad on the second CD level and I saw that what I set up cannot handle that much weight in metal. But they work perfectly well with plastic 40K Necrons. I got to free up some space in my big cabinet with this thing. ^_^


Materials used:
• 100-piece CD spindle (50 Php)
• Plasticard
• Loctite superglue
• Utility cutter
• Cutting mat
• Pencil

Essentially, I only spent for the spindle since I already had the other stuff I had at home (the perks of hoarding a lot of hobby stuff over the years). It took me only a few hours - since I was flitting between doing the project and watching Hellraiser and eating dinner.

Looks like I'll be making more of these (and essentially thinking of better ways so that the upper CD levels can hold heavy metal miniatures, too).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

galeng. ok yung mga article dun sa link.

Unknown said...

kaya ba suportahan WM/H figs?

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty nifty idea... I may have to steal that from you for my 40K Daemons...

Jekmyster said...

Thats great man, you actually did it. In anycase, i have a few spindles here i can give you, but their not the 100 pieces, most of them are the 50s.

Anonymous said...

what a totally novel idea.

why'd nobody think of that before?

-garrboi