Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Feel the change

Yeah it's official. The GMA News webteam is now on the 6th floor of the network building. And yeah, it's another wave of changes and adjustments for me.

I tried my first night sleeping here. I dunno if I was all alone on the 6th floor and I couldn't care less. The floors are goddamn cold, and my sleeping mat wasn't moved here along with my other stuff. Maybe I can just sneak in a heavy blanket or something. Using a big cork board to stave off the floor's biting cold was a better alternative than sleeping on chairs, which is just bad for my back.

I got a nifty space beside a wall, and the only one that can basically see my monitor is the guy behind me.

Moving also meant that our access to the servers have to be reset. And lo and behold, any update I had to do yesterday meant that I had to go up to the 12th floor and squat on Jaemark's computer. It was kinda funny how one update turned out because my boss had to channel the corrections through mobile phone while I was on someone else's computer. Hassle sobra but it was worth the bother afterwards.

Ah well, roll with the punches.

No comments: