Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Slayer Valentine

And so came along lunch time and the computer here at work was stuck with a DVD burning task. Preferring not to wait for the damn thing to finish, I decided to go hunt for a South Park boxed set and a meal instead. An LRT MRT ride later, I came upon an old DVD mecca that Nelz shared with me way back - the Shaw MRT station.



Long story short, I found a concert DVD of Slayer, one of my more not-so-pleasant influences also from way back. And even if the trip back was a tiring and sweaty one, I came back to the office with a big grin on my face. I know a lot of folks out there don't agree at all with the "noise" that Slayer makes. Again, big grin on my face.

For the ignorant (from Wikipedia): Slayer is a two time Grammy Award winning American thrash metal band founded by guitarists Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King. Slayer rose to fame as a leader of the American thrash metal movement with their 1986 release, Reign in Blood, which has been called "the heaviest album of all time" by Kerrang!. The band is credited as one of the "Big Four" thrash metal bands, along with Metallica, Anthrax, and Megadeth.

You can guess what's looped in my media player here at my desk now ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally hate Slayer hehehe. Bunch of noise, no discernible rhythm whatsoever. Especially Raining Blood. Hate that song. And I have to fucking beat it again to finish expert on Guitar Hero 3. Crap.

-Kei

Obi Macapuno said...

FND!!! Funks Not Dead. Waha.