Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Dragon, The Anvil

I have tried playing using Legion of Everblight last weekend. Using Rhyas as my warlock, I tried out a list with the available miniatures at home. I have always liked LOE (Legion of Everblight) because essentially, you get to play with dragons. With models like the new Angelius and the ever-terrifying Carnivean, I penciled up a list using them. After a few minutes with the rulebooks, I decided on this list:


Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight
Angelius
Angelius
Carnivean
Shredder
Forsaken

I tried the list against Kei, who also opted to playtest a new warlock, Borka Kegslayer. It was pretty much a surgical removal of key warbeasts for me, as the main goal was a direct assassination using either Rhyas, a Rapport c-Rex and/or the Thrusts of the Angelius; and I can't pretty much do that if he has warbeasts that he can transfer damage to. The game ended after an hour with me scoring more VPs than Kei.

I tried the same list the next day against Lesther's wolf/all-female Circle Orboros theme build. Again I had successfully reduced many of his key units, but I noticed that I had not sent a model across the center, hence I reminded Les immediately of the scenario objective and accepted my loss.

I had also used a Khador list with Kommandant Irusk against Mando who playtested his Privateers Shae list (I will be posting the list I used on a later date). Having seen a similar type of army in action, I knew what I had to remove. In the end, I succeeded in winning the game after the casual one hour time limit. I would have preferred an assassination win, but my opponent was pretty tricksy in keeping Shae useful and still out of harm's way.

With a Behemoth and a Kodiak in "Tow" (insert punchline drum roll here), Karchev the Terrible proved to be a very fast build, even though I faced against a fast army in the form of Les' Circle (OK not as fast because it was Baldur and a pair of Woldwardens, but the rest of the army was fast ^_^). I got the hilarious and yet surprising Ass Slide trick in, catching both Wardens in the curtain, and Gorman putting in a lock with a well-placed Black Oil grenade. Between the Kodiak's Hammerfist attacks and the Behemoth's armor piercing hits, both Wardens were taken care of in two consecutive turns.

Joel (Larkin Vain of Glory and Coin) shared with me his macho 500-point list with Vlad as warcaster. Maybe I can get to fix my Uhlans and IFP in time for Saturday, as I think it would be a fun list to play.

All games I had played were all 500 points at my small place at home. Hopefully I can get to play this Saturday's tournament at UPCFA. And maybe get some fresh pics in as well.

No comments: