Thursday, January 03, 2008

Blood for the Blood God


I got to play with my Khorne Daemonic Legion again last Saturday at the RHGC Summoning at RHGC HQ, hosted by Lito Tan. There was a good turnout of WFB players from all over, and the fun games were started with an informal tourney-style pairing.

I got to play against Jojo, a Bretonnian player from the South. His list was pure cavalry, no infantry at all. And his approach was textbook ~ he had his main Knights of the Realm units in the middle, charging my units and holding them, while the flanking Grail Knights deliver the crushing blow.

The Bloodthirster was phenomenal, crushing anything in its path. I tried a similar flying pincer with the`Thirster and my other flying Exalted Daemon. I guess it kind of worked as they charged from key positions on the Bretonnians' rear.

The Grail Knight's flank charge on my Bloodcrushers was met with disappointment (for my opponent at least), as the Khorne cavalry took only a few wounds and stood their ground.



Despite a mutual mistake on rules for Terror, I managed to win via Massacre on a Pitched Battle scenario.

Since I will head the Grand Tournament for this year, I'll keep my KDL in check in case there'll be an odd number of participants. WFB may not have a strong following as 40K, but I'll still support it and just give a finger to any naysayer who disses the idea.

2 comments:

Sigmar said...

Sweet, good work. Those high brow Bretonnians need to be brought down to earth every now and then.

Sigmar
Sigmar's WHFB Blog

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Thanks for the visit, Sir Sigmar. Nice blog you got there! Too bad I can't view the videos from work T_T