Tuesday, June 12, 2007

RHGC Gamesday

Yesterday was the largest gathering by far at RHGC HQ, catering to several game systems - Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40,000, Warmachine, Hordes and World of Warcraft CCG!

I got to play WFB using Lito's Tomb Kings. Looking back, my selection of units was inappropriate. Scenarios for the Nemesis Crown campaign were used, and most of them favored direct assaults as opposed to the protracted Pitched Battles. I should not have used a shooty Tomb Kings configuration. Not only were the other armies real bash monsters, but a shooty TK army can be outshot by a shooty High Elves army.

Ah well, just proves the point that GW is directing WFB into a more bash-oriented game. KDL or VC will definitely be good choices.

I would have played in the WMH games. Evidently my body could not handle the heat and the sleep deprivation. So with WMH, I sat that one out. As with the rest of the games later on.

Luigi did arrive, along with some much-awaited loot! Doom Reavers! I'll put those together and see how they play very soon.

All other hobby projects on hold. Sleep deprivation ruins my painting.

No comments: