Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ascorbic Acid

It's Sunday and the whole building was a buzzing hubbub of showbiz glitz and glamor. SOP here goes live, and it's a veritable carnival every week (well, as long as it's being shot here).

There was a line of people at the studio entrance earlier. Some were pushing, some were shoving, just so they could get in line to be in the show. Some braved to stand in line under the infernal sun, something I definitely will never EVER do (even for bands or celebrities I like). I haven't really watched it but I do know that studio audience members don't get as many prizes as they do in Eat Bulaga (if ever they do give away prizes at SOP at all ~ yeah yeah I'm a bad employee I don't even know those details). And yeah, as always the envious looks when I string up my ID and waltz in unhindered.

GMA stars were everywhere earlier. Some came in their expensive cars. Others were already on stage. Some were all waves and smiles to fans who called their names. It's weird, I don't even know what occassion today is (meron ba?). They (the stars) were all garbed in presumably expensive gear, bling all around and scents in the air which I'm sure is as costly.

To some, such would be envious indeed.

So as I was weaving my way through the maze of stars, dress tents, fans, stage hands and studio equipment, I was wondering what was the counterweight to all the fame and fortune. Well, sleep-deprivation for one. Then you have to memorize all those scripts and dance steps. Then you have to "look good" to everyone around you. I just shrugged off the notion.

I'd rather my foul-mouthed, independent, don't-give-a-shit, don't-ever-judge-me self. Besides, I won't be able to paint and play as I'd like. I'm so glad God invented blissful ignorance. And ascorbic acid.

Any naysayer out there can just kiss my big, fat ass.

3 comments:

Salubri said...

i think the worst downside of being a celebrity is having your life turn into an open book and the outstanding invitation to all devious writers who need to make an extra buck or two over the week's tabloid.

... and for the really famous, the lack of freedom to go where you wanna go without being pestered by fans.

i'd rather be some unknown nerd and enjoy my liberty than get put under a microscope. then again if i had kissing scenes with rhiane ramos... ahem... that might change everything. lol

Pinoy Wargamer said...

I actually know some people who'd enjoy the spotlight, the "open book"-ness of it all. Being surrounded by the beautiful and the superficial... I bought a new car this weekend... again! Ewan ko, I just got tired of the last one I bought a few days ago!

I'd pass up a chance to have a romantic scene with Francine just to be her friend. Or Diana (Zubiri). Or whoever. But then again I may be wrong. I'm afraid that if I get to know these people for who they really are, and they turn out as shallow and superficial as I assume, that'll just turn it all off. As always, I'd like to be proven wrong on this one.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes in the middle of a busy toxic day I would sigh and pause and daydream I was living the ultimate rock star life, going around the world for concerts, crashing hotel rooms, writing hit songs, loving the attention of adoring fans.... and then I'd stop and think that everything has its price and whether it is living in a microbial world or just od-ing on some drug or going schizo.... sometimes you're just better of where you are. :P

Thanks for visiting my blog again! :D