Monday, September 03, 2007

Take It Easy, `Foo!



Now that I've got a chance to have a breather, I can finally get to update my blog. Several things happened already and I hope I can remember those:

WMH Tourney at Pitshop

Congratulations to Doclance for winning the recent tourney at Pitshop/Petstop. The feat charge of Bane Knights were mind-numbing! I will make no excuses, it was a good loss for me.

Me and Kei will get a free bottle of P3 paint, I think, for joining, so it's nice! Plus I get a P500 blister of something. Right now, I just don't know what. Maybe a Manhuntress.

Domestic Tragedy

I lost a cousin the past week. His name's Jonnel. We're not that close. Not close that the most conversation we ever had was a casual nod of greeting. I dunno. Maybe I'm afraid we couldn't have some common ground of interest. But it's all late for that. He passed away at Ate Aileen's birthday bash at a beach somewhere in Iba. Something dumb happened in the water and he didn't make it. We received news about it in the evening that he was missing and the family was afraid that he drowned. Me not knowing all facts assumed a lot (maybe he ran away, or maybe he got kidnapped). But sad thing is, he did drown. He was buried yesterday and in the midst of all the crying relatives, my twisted perspective just wished him good journey because, after all, he is free of any tribulations in this mortal world.



The Smell Of Metal

Tremendous WMH momentum at home. Now I have to paint and assemble a lot more stuff in addition to my Khador LOL. S'all good, gives me a chance to paint and play other factions that are parked at home. The list includes a growing stack Menoth and Circle models, the Trollbloods, and a Legion of Everblight starter. Walang magrereklamo kung matagal matapos ha? LOL!

More on the Hobby

I'm now finalizing the map I'll be using to track wins on the games played at home, kinda like a minicampaign (Bond rules stand of course).

Got to play using my Irusk Heavy Winterguard and Old Witch AD lists.

I played the Heavy Winterguard against Kei's Trollbloods in a No Man's Land scenario. I still have trouble with timing between Grigorovich and the Winterguard as I'd like the to have charged something. I ended up using CRA a lot with them, as Kei propped his Champions in front of the Winterguard unit. I would have preferred to see them if they can down one of his warbeasts though. In the end, I managed to remove his Fell Caller and Axer, both of which mess up Irusk's Inhospitable Ground. The turning point of the game was when my Widowmakers made the CMD check at 6. Kei would have won if they didn't. Quantum mechanics for you LOL!



I played the Old Witch AD list against Les' Circle in Invasion. It was insane! He made a block advance of his full Wolves and Druids on one flank, backed by a Totem Hunter. I propped my Snipingdeath squad on top of a hill and started sniping off his unit leaders, successfully routing the Druids. Running my Scrapjack and the Witch into position, I routed the Wolves with Murder of Crows and activated Field of Talons. Both units were forced to run on their Maintenance Phase, Field of Talons stabbing all fleeing models with POW14! Two squads vanish in fine red mist! It was wonderous LOL! I know THAT will never happen again. I'm just happy that I DID get to do it ^_^ And for a final move, Gorman dropped a Smoke over Zevanna; Zevanna teleported via Unseen Path from Gorman's smoke into an upkept Murder of Crows; measured control area; seeing opponent Invasion point is within her run range, Old Witch huffed it FTW!

I also taught Barby how to play. Not just some passing this and that. She wanted to learn the specifics so I did teach her. I just hope she doesn't get too much info overload. She already played two 350 starter box games before, but just surface basics. We'll be making a Menoth list, but she said not to buy models first. So we'll either proxy up stuff plus I'll just custom-build some models for her. I doubt she'll be playing any tourns any time soon anyway.

My plan to make more terrain at home failed. I ended up painting more instead. Since the Bokur is already finished, I want to finish the Pikemen squad. We'll see. I hope Koi buys me those Warhammer trees ^_^

No comments: