Saturday, April 08, 2006

C2 Apple Flavor

I fetched my brothers, Koi and Jei, from the airport last night. They'll be staying with me at Tendido, although I don't think I want to ask how long they'll be staying. I'll just enjoy the time with my sibs.

Of course, they came home to a messy house. I hope I find the time to clean up one of these days.

Koi bought Pork's second Ogrun Bokur, Jubay's Hammerfall Dwarves and Jake's Carvolo. He also got me two MOWDC, Gorman and a Marauder warjack. I tried cleaning the Gorman model last night, but I was so exhausted that I woke up with Gorman beside me and the steel brush on my hand! Looks like he won't be appearing on this Saturday's UPCFA session.

+++

Chapter One: Cold Winter

The Greylord Koldun, Sergei Makara, scribed on the final locking rune over the cold iron chest in front of him. The icy blue sigils slowly faded into the air as the koldun blanketed the chest with a heavy black cloth.

"The Kommander wishes to inquire on the status of the cargo, Komrade Koldun."

Sergei bolted, obviously startled. Outside his tent, he noticed the large muscled form of Radu Makarov. The greylord wondered at how the manhunter moved with such silence. It is good that you are on our side, Sergei thought to himself.

The koldun emerged from his tent with a mug of steaming coffee.

"The cargo is ready for transport, Komrade Radu. Give yourself a moment to warm your limbs before heading back out." Sergei motioned the mug to the manhunter.

"My thanks, Honorable Koldun, but I must decline," Radu had his axes drawn, "I have spotted necrotite furnace fires over the hills to the south. It is the Pirate Queen. I have already reported to the Kommander. She wishes us to engage these fiends, lest they get in our way. We must reach Korsk before anyone knows what we are carrying."

Quickly, Sergei stopped two Winterguard who were hauling a canvas-covered mortar. "There is a very important chest in my tent. Carry that with you. Inform Kovnik Andras that that chest is his responsibility. You must, under any circumstance, reach the Port Vladovar station." The two soldiers affirmed stoically and promptly doubled their pace.

"Komrade Manhunter," called Sergei, "What are the Kommander's battle plans?"

+++

"Koldun," Makai Lozar gripped his rune axe in the direction beyond the small hill in front of them, "Pistol wraiths yonder."

"We should intercept them, Komrade Koldun," said Iakshen Borga, "The Pirate Queen may have found out about our cargo company."

"Yes, Komrade," agreed Makai, "They are too numerous to be a chance encounter. I suspect they know what we are carrying."

"Then, by the motherland, we must stop them," Sergei finished as he led the two magziev towards the flanking Cryx force.

+++

The soft white silence left the battlefield, abruptly broken by the thunderous bombards from the Behemoth's cannons. As the smoke cleared, Koldun Sergei saw the Pirate Queen on a hasty retreat. His heart cheered at their victory, but his discipline only allowed him a brief smile.

"Steel yourselves, Komrades." It was Kommander Sorscha. "It was indeed Skarre. And wherever the Pirate Queen may be, the Lich Lord Terminus is never far behind. We may have yet another battle at our hands before we know it."

+++

2 comments:

Unknown said...

eto yung mga laro sa pitshop ah. si skarre gamit ni fred tapos si ako si terminus. hehehehehe

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Nice one, Emp. Got it first shot ^_^