Monday, January 19, 2009

My Record of WARMACHINE/HORDES 2009

Date: January 13, 2009
Pointage: 500 points Contested Ground
Venue: Fortress, VMall Greenhills
Result: Kommandant Irusk draws against Iron Lich Asphyxious (Fred Escalona)
Looking back I recall I made a lot of blatant mistakes. I did try to salvage what I can on my succeeding turns. Apparently, we never got to finish our game since it was already closing time. I recall Fiona casting Discord and ruining my newly-fielded Great Bears of Gallowswood. It was also where Irusk almost got downed by Croe and his Cutthroats! I did enjoy a free-running Beast-09 who crossed the board a whole 12"!

Date: January 17, 2009
Pointage: 500 points No Man's Land
Venue: Fortress, VMall Greenhills
Result: Vladimir Tzepesci, Dark Prince of Umbrey victorious against Fiona the Black (Fred Escalona)
This was the game that I got to play before we went to Treiz' birthday party later that evening. That was the game where Fiona was spamming a lot of Discord that brought down a lot of Man-O-War Demolishers! But that was where a Koldun Lord-marshaled Destroyer brought down Fiona to only one wound with a Signs and Portents bombard! Fred got muddled and recharged Fiona's power field but forgetting the rest of her activation. He forfeited the game a few moves later on since Vlad was within bashing distance of a zero-charged power field on Fiona (well, it would not have mattered since Vlad will just use Mimic's ability and ignore Fiona's unspent focus on his succeeding attacks).

Date: January 23, 2009
Pointage: 500 points Contested Ground
Venue: Fortress, VMall Greenhills
Result: Kommander Sorscha victorious against Grim Angus (Kei Valentin)
It's been a while since I played using pSorscha. Played properly, she can still bring a frown to your enemies' faces. With Kei's Grim Angus, I was juggling between Freezing Grip on the DTE or the Champs. I realized that the Champs may well bring the beatdown to whatever gets in its way, but with the DTE down, that's one less Fury source for his warlock. Timely Icy Gaze froze Grim, the DTE and an Impaler - my setup for charging with Fenris and the Great Bears. Once those were down, Kei promptly gave me the game.

No comments: