Sunday, February 04, 2007

New Leather

My cousin just got married today. Funny thing is, I have to be at work today. I decided to just skip the reception and head to work right after the church ceremony. And I did! Well, I guess I have to live with being late and having relatives say stuff about me. Better to show up late for work than not at all, better to attend the church ceremoney at my cousin's wedding than not at all. And while I'm writing this entry down, all I can smell is the leather from my shoes which I'm wearing now for the second time ever (first was my sister's wedding last December).

Kel-Thuzad

I got to meet a couple of my brothers' friends last Friday - Fire (?), Wei (?) and Jim. Against the overlord Kel-Thuzad, Jim paired with Koi as an Alliance Paladin and Warlock respectively, while Fire and Wei were Hordes Rogue and Warrior. I moderated the WOWBG session which lasted until 3am the next morning! It was good to mingle a bit with their friends. I do recognize the generation gap but it was good that they enjoyed the game (despite being NOT in front of a TV set or PC monitor).

Seaforge Alliance

It was my first game this year using Dark Prince Vlad. And at Hobby Haven, I got to go up against Zig using his Seaforge Alliance Gorten Grundback. And yeah, three Ogrun Bokurs will clear up your sinuses for sure!

Early on, Zig managed to crumple half my Winterguard and Widowmakers with some fancy shooting from Herne and Jonn; and stupid me didn't activate Grigorovich's Toughness thing for the Winterguard. My reply to that was a For the Motherland sacrifice and some fancy sniping to down the artillery-toting ogrun!

Then I held up one flank with Vlad's Wind Wall protecting the remaining of my troops. He basically can keep Eiryss alive from the enemy Eiryss so long as the enemy has no more bombarding stuff. Wind wall on Eiryss + slow-moving enemy dwarf WC = goodness!

In a last ditch effort, Zig failed to tag Vlad with his godawful Concussion hammer (thankgod!). With some gay parrying and a fun Blood of Kings, Vlad walked over to the Rhulic and dispatched the dwarf with a two-strike damage-boosted flurry.

Da LIFE



I got a nice Katrina Halili calendar from HH. Looks like someone there doesn't want any lewdness posted up LOL! Lots of talks about modelling and painting. I even got to show Chico the wonder of PC shortcuts and Babelfish.

It's always good times at da Shak after gaming (and after a Tapsihan ni Vivian's dinner)! I got to paint the face on Pork's new Menite-flavored Ashlynn model, chat with Emp's fiancee JC (spellcheck)!

And since I'm in tipidmode, I didn't even bother going out for a haircut for my cousin's wedding (he can have an unruly-looking me at his wedding or not at all LOL). Instead, I got to watch Rampage Jackson and Mirko Cro Cop AND Saw 3 before going to the wedding! Nice!

I may be spending the night at the office but it's all good times ^_^

4 comments:

Salubri said...

in my opinion the best fighters that went into the octagon that day wasn't rampage jackson or cro cop(though they were good). what caught my eye were the two light-weights. that was one hell of a fight! :D

Pinoy Wargamer said...

Lightweights are indeed more dynamic to watch. They just have more movement. Heavyweight matches are usually blow against blow and see what fighter has the stronger punch and the stronger chin.

Mirko was goddamn scary. He's just walking towards his opponent and unleashing few strong strikes and just takes what his opponent dishes to him.

We used to like watching lightweights, but they end up on the mat most of the time and try to outgrapple one another - which looks kinda gay from a certain perspective. A striking match between lights would be great to watch though.

^_^

Salubri said...

actually the out grappling thing or the out sparring tends to be the result of having two even fighters in the ring. as to the grappling... it only looks gay when they both don't know what they're doing. some of the jujitsu greats are pretty scary to watch. one tiny mistake by their opponent, they take advantage and turn it into a quick submission.

mirko's opponent had plenty of heart but he just wasn't on mirko's level. yung kalaban naman ni rampage underestimated him coz he won against him before(daw. i never saw that).

but yeah i agree they are pretty scary dudes. there's this other guy who's name i can't remember... he catches your leg with a good kick and it welts automatically. damn! papano ka pa lalaban kung iika ika ka na. X(

the lightweight match i was talking about had em all. they were doing superb striking and both were excellent on the ground. no boring grappling. these two knew what they were about. :D ( incidentally both had no losses yet... well until they met each other that is)

Pinoy Wargamer said...

I didn't think I got to watch that lightweight match since I had to get ready for my cousin's wedding. Maybe I'll get to see it on some online vid or something.